• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo of the Day 2018

Warm Virginia day we took the grandchildren 165 feet underground in Luray Caverns in the Blue Ridge Mountains. A constant and comfortable 54F underground

Clean04C.jpg

Clean06C.jpg

At the National Railway Museum in York today.
IMGP7189.JPG
IMGP7170.JPG
One of the advantages of going on a warm sunny day is that there weren't too many people, so it was relatively easy to take pictures without other visitors...

The Californain poppies in my front garden. I planted the first seeds over 40 years ago and they self set every year. They look so colourful in the sun.
Screen shot 2018-06-24 at 13.38.49.png
Screen shot 2018-06-24 at 13.39.35.png

A very warm Saturday in Lincoln...Lincoln Castle
P6300008.jpg

I loved this carving in the Castle grounds.
P6300011.jpg

Looking down Steep Hill (this really is steep too - I cheated and caught the shuttle bus!)
P6300007.jpg

Last edited:
Actually this is from Sunday, but I've only just finished processing the pictures...

The Great Orme Tramway at Llandudno in North Wales. The cable hauled tram cars have been carrying passengers to the top of the Great Orme for over 100 years.
Screen shot 2018-07-03 at 21.25.32.png

Stow Minster is just a few miles north west of Lincoln. it is described as the 'Mother Church of Lincoln' as it is even older than Lincoln Cathedral and was the first cathedral church. There has been a church here since the C7th although most of the present building dates from the C11th.
Screen shot 2018-07-04 at 16.39.17.png
Screen shot 2018-07-04 at 16.39.50.png

It is open daily, free and chances are you will have the building to yourself.

Visiting Grand Children in Long Island, NY
Montauk Point Lighthouse in the morning fog...

LI001-1280.jpg

I've identified your 'interesting plant' @JustTravel. It is Echium (but I don't know which species though). I remember seeing some growing in the gardens of Dodington Hall near us. It was splendid reaching nearly 10' tall. I bought some seeds and did try growing it in the garden but they died on me...

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina