• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photos of Italy Food & Drink

Pauline

Forums Admin
I was pleased to see that @Bob Whelan has added some photos to the Italy Food & Drink category in the photos section. I added a few of my espresso photos and will add more from out last trip.

If you have photos, please add them. It would fun to get a good bunch of food photos!

Click here to get to the Italy Food & Drink category, then click ADD MEDIA. You can add up to 30 photos at one time. You can go back and change your titles and descriptions at any time.

Here are two I added (inserted here using the BB code from the photo section).

full

Piles of sugar packets.​

full

Breakfast in Italy.​

My fellow wine enthusiast David Crossley will I'm sure be happy with me sharing his photo of the Nespole that I brought to a tasting in Shoreditch last month. I must say I'm over-delicate in how I eat them, peeling & quartering to remove the stones / excess pith, but the guys happily dove into these juicy fruits.
img_3123.jpg

Some good reminders that pasta does NOT mean smothered in overwhelming tomato-based sauces! It's amazing how just tossing in a little butter works rather well.

This was the first time we encountered that strange item that Italians call "pizza Americana" but which I have never seen on a menu in the US.

IMG_5077.JPG

Yes, it is pizza with French fries on top -- and that smile on Mike's face disappeared when he actually tasted it. Not an experience he ever chose to repeat.

Might as well have put M&Ms on top :eek:

Discussing pizzas on another forum, the concensus is that 'less is more' and putting loads of a topping often detracts. Furthermore a good pizza has flavours that work well in tandem with the base. Potato I fear would not, and likewise I can't see pasta on pizza, but I'm sure someone has done it.

Roz, when we visited friends outside Padova many years ago that was exactly the pizza their daughter ordered. They told me it was "a thing" and quite popular with the kids. I didn't go anywhere near it.:D

Our local pizza place has a pizza with french fries. We asked the waiter if people actually order that and he said mostly they get for their kiddies. Probably those parents who are following movement to get children on the path to healthy eating...lol..NOT!!!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina