• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Portugal????

Jane

10+ Posts
Somehow we have missed Portugal in our travels so are now thinking of maybe going there in late summer. Our son's calendar rules us right now and so we may get nowhere but.... Anyway, suggestions of any kind? Yes, I know this is a very, irrationally broad question but must start somewhere. My travel planning expertise is declining so need help. Hard to believe all the research and planning that went into travel before the internet. How did we do it?

Thanks, Pauline. I will read your report in leisure but I did scan the blog entry and could tell there is good stuff there. As I said, this is just a preliminary thought and I am not sure where it will lead. Thinking of England, too.

Jane, I don't know much of Portugal but I've been twice.
Once basing myself in Cascais, a bit west of Lisbon along the coast. I enjoyed Lisbon (even though it's not my favourite town), Sintra and the coast.
During the other trip I was in Spain (Valencia de Alcántara) with friends and went a couple of times to Portugal: Marvao and Castelo de Vide. I'm not sure if there's a lot more to see in that area but we really enjoyed the quietness of this very untouristy area, the countryside and the villages.

Guilia, thanks for the info. What time of year were you there? Obviously not in summer. We may only have two weeks which for is is hardly a vacation. Anything less than a month is not our style. But with a high schooler in the family, we are adapting.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina