• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Post the LAST photo you took in Italy

Pauline

Forums Admin
Post the last photo you took on your last trip to Italy. Excluding airport photos or photos of your vacation rental to prove you left it in good shape (I always do this).

====================================
I was going through my photos and realized that my last trip to Italy was May 2019! That was the trip where we spent a week in Praiano on the Amalfi Coast and a week in Santa Maria di Castellabate further south. That was our trip of bad weather!

Driving to the Naples airport for an evening flight, we stopped at Paestum for a few hours. This was our second visit there. My last photo was of the diving man in the museum - an ancient Roman fresco.

paestum-1.jpg

Steve just walked in, looked at what I was posting, and said - we didn't go to Italy in 2020? Is that true? And we both remembered our week in the Dolomites in September 2020!!! I took all photos that trip with my iphone and did not download them to my photo organizing program (Lightroom). They are downloaded now.

So this is the last photo. A photo of sheep just brought down from the alpine meadows to the farm where we were staying because a big storm was coming in, which was why we were leaving a day early. September 24 2020. We were really lucky to get that trip to Italy in 2020.

dolomites-1.jpg

My last picture, from September 2019, is of the Palazzetto dello Sport in Rome, curiously given my interests in sports in Italy and modern architecture. It's the smaller sports arena built for the 1960 Olympics and, interestingly given the post above, was compared to the Pantheon. I walked by there after seeing the nearby MAXXI modern art museum. One can see signs of disrepair on the roof and, according to Italian Wikipedia, it's been unused since 2018 and, a month before the picture, there was an arson fire inside.
palazzetto.jpg

Well I know you said not to post airport photos, but first I'll post the last photo which was taken from our hotel window on Thursday, ‎December ‎19, ‎2019, ‏‎6:51:00 AM, so technically we weren't in the airport.

Edit: I forgot to add, all those black dots you see at the top of the photo was a huge flock of birds that were going by. It took probably 45 seconds for the whole flock to pass.
20191219_075100.jpg

The last real photo was taken in San Marino Wednesday, ‎December ‎18, ‎2019, ‏‎3:07:00 PM.

20191218_160701_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
08C603BB-6783-4455-993F-082C15FDDF05.jpeg
We were lucky to be able to get to Italy for a week in mid-September 2020, when Covid levels in both UK and Italy were relatively low. It wasn’t primarily a holiday: we're in the process of selling our little house in Ostuni, and there were certain things that had to be done face-to-face. But we did also enjoy some great food, and several trips to the beach at Costa Merlata. Here's our final evening aperitivo, on via Cattedrale in Ostuni's centro storico.

OK, this is Venice, summer 2018. We have been to Italy many times by now and every time, we manage to squeeze a 2-3-4 days in Venice at the end of our trip. It is my favorite place in the world. I would not live there, but I want to stay there and explore that amazing city as often as I can till the day I die! For me, Venice is very difficult to leave. On our last day there, we alway go back to San Marco in the early morning hours one last time and walk around, enjoying the last few minutes of our stay. It's always very quiet and really very beautiful! Then we head for the Vaporetto that takes us back to the airport. This is where this picture was taken from. Sigh...

DSCN9954.jpg

Closing up my house November 2019 on a sad horrible rainy day not knowing Covid was already here ! Still waiting to go back. Really miss it!
If I knew how to post the photo of us closing up our house I’d do it!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina