• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Quiz 7 - Which European countries drive on the left?

Pauline

Forums Admin
I am still working on Ian's quiz from last week, so thought I would set a relatively easy one for this week.

Two thirds of the world drive on the right. Boats and airplanes drive/fly on the right. But four countries in Europe drive on the left. Which countries are they?

United Kingdom, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus

Don't post the answer below. The answer is above, under the spoiler button. Post below to tell us how many you guessed. Good luck!

Hint: The obvious answer, the United Kingdom, is one country (you can't count England, Wales, Scotland, etc. separately).

Good quiz Pauline!
I got three right and one wrong. Will share the one wrong later.

Aha. Here's a technical quirk (maybe nothing you can do about it): I use Netvibes to provide an aggregated dashboard display of assorted RSS feeds - and it reads and displays the spoiler content!

Bingo 4 for 4
The first three were easy and I said them in that order, the fourth I had to think about and then look at a map.

The 4th was the one I got wrong, rocky thinking on my part ;)

Why isn't the rocky one counted? Is it not a country but a UK Territory? (I got my quiz answers from Wikipedia.)

Because they don't drive on the left (think about it, there's barely room for a changeover lane at the border).

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina