• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Restaurants - Trapani and Marsala

kcalnyc

10+ Posts
Hi all:

I am going to Sicily and will be staying in Trapani 5 nights to explore the area. I have been before but don't recall any great meals besides Ai Lumi. Does anyone have recommendations in the area? Thanks!

Hi Kelly

Not sure if you've been to Cantina Siciliana in the Jewish Quarter (where of course there haven't been any jews since 1491, but I digress). I had a lovely meal there; Pino Maggiore is a friend of Judy Witts Francini.... if you just say "Judy" they'll know who you mean. I remember a lovely pasta with pesto trapanese. And some lemon dessert.

There's another restaurant whose name I will try to remember ---- somehow between my two visits there, only a year apart, it had turned into a kind of tourist haven with poor service and not wonderful food.

Also a great gelato place near the water ...maybe Gelateria Gino.

I haven't but I have it on my list (after looking at Judy's old posts) and am going to make a reservation. Anyone know anywhere else?

Enjoy Trapani....one of my favorite Sicilian cities and criminally undervisited. The Trattoria del Sale out in the salt pans is very good.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina