• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Ruth Edenbaum

Shannon

100+ Posts
Some of you may remember Ruth Edenbaum, who loved Venice and wrote many trip reports about her visits there. Her SlowTrav screen name was Boleskine.

Ruth passed away last month. It was on facebook but if it has been posted here, I could not find anything (apologies if it has been posted before.)

Ruth loved SlowTrav and she was an uber Slowtraveler who posted many times on the defunct forums. I am not sure why she never came here to Slow Europe.

When I was trying to find a previous post about Ruth's passing, I found this article I wrote about the SlowTrav community.
Slow Travel Reminiscing on New Years Eve

Break out your Valpolicella and raise a glass to Ruth! She will be missed.

(Pauline, I hope this is the right forum to post this.)

Sorry to hear about Ruth's passing. Being a huge fan of Venice, I remember very well her extremely detailed posts and trip reports about La Serenissima. I always wondered how she found the time to write such amazing reports and I was always grateful; reading her was like being transported to Venice! Thanks Ruth!

Thank you Shannon. I understood her health had declined and she faced mobility issues in the last few years. I did not know she passed. My copy of Chow! Venice, signed by you and Ruth holds a place of honor among the guides on my bookshelf. Boleskine's trip reports on the SlowTrav site convinced us to include Venice on our first trip to Italy years ago. It was love at first sight. We've been back several times and hold dear the memories and friendships we've made. I'll raise a glass and say, "Viva, Ruth!"

Some of you may remember Ruth Edenbaum, who loved Venice and wrote many trip reports about her visits there. Her SlowTrav screen name was Boleskine.

Ruth passed away last month. It was on facebook but if it has been posted here, I could not find anything (apologies if it has been posted before.)

Ruth loved SlowTrav and she was an uber Slowtraveler who posted many times on the defunct forums. I am not sure why she never came here to Slow Europe.

When I was trying to find a previous post about Ruth's passing, I found this article I wrote about the SlowTrav community.
Slow Travel Reminiscing on New Years Eve

Break out your Valpolicella and raise a glass to Ruth! She will be missed.

(Pauline, I hope this is the right forum to post this.)
I remember her well. She always gave terrific travel tips, and is greatly missed.

Paul and I had the good luck to have dinner with Ruth and Martin several times in Venice. Her love for Venice was an inspiration to us, and we were fortunate to have known Ruth.

We first meet Ruth when we were in Venice for Shannon’s food and wine tour in 2011. Once we had committed to the tour we read Ruth’s wonderful trip reports, researching the restaurants she wrote about. We had added a weeks stay in an apartment after the tour ( booked due to Slowtrav reviews) and Ruth and family were in the apartment opposite ours.
By that time we had bought Chow Venice and with Shannon’s tour, the book and Ruth’s reviews we had a delicious second week. It began my love of Venice, and our month there in 2018 is a wonderful memory I return to often now travel overseas from Australia is difficult.
I gave my Chow Venice to the next family renting Ruth’s apartment with the hope they would enjoy it as much as we did.

So sorry to hear this. Her trip reports were what inspired me to visit Venice..I'm acutally on this site looking for her "200 things to do in Venice" report....I apparently lost the copy I had saved on an older computer!

So sorry to hear this. Her trip reports were what inspired me to visit Venice..I'm acutally on this site looking for her "200 things to do in Venice" report....I apparently lost the copy I had saved on an older computer!
I have Ruth’s 2013 trip report posted here but I don’t see “200 Things to Do …” in the trip reports. Maybe it was an article. I’ll look through the old SlowTrav articles to see if I have it. Ruth gave me permission to post any of her SlowTrav articles.

https://www.sloweurope.com/community/threads/venice-spring-2013.4263/

I'm acutally on this site looking for her "200 things to do in Venice" report

I posted her article in the Italy Travel Articles section.

I posted her article in the Italy Travel Articles section.

thank you so much!!!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina