• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Sant Antimo Abbey

katietravels

Has anyone been to Sant Antimo Abbey recently? I have heard that they do not have any the chanting anymore. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it still worth seeing? We are going on a Tuesday in July. Thank you!

I do not know about the chanting,

IMG_6114.JPG
IMG_6106.JPG
IMG_6115.JPG

but it is worth a visit maybe a half hour that is all that is needed.
We stopped on our way to lunch at Banfi.

IMG_6114.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the monks who used to do the Gregorian chants there moved to France several years ago. We heard them in the Fall of 2011 and I believe the monks moved shortly thereafter. I am not sure if other monks have now come and resumed the chanting or not. A friend told us that there was a recording of chanting when he visited 5 years ago or so.

I was told they no longer chant. Every time we drive past the church, it makes me sad, as we really loved going to that particular service.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina