• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Sevilla weather next week

JustTravel

1000+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
We are off to Sevilla for the first time on Tuesday for a week. We are looking forward to being there but the weather forecast is a high of 99 on Tuesday, 105 on Wednesday, 101 on Thursday and then down to the high 80s and low 90s for the rest of our stay (that's 37, 40, 39, then low/mid 30s). We are not used to this kind of hot weather. Any suggestions as to how to deal with such hot weather. We are staying in Barrio Santa Cruz.

I don't do well in those kind of temps, but I think it will be a dry heat down there, won't it? You should get into the siesta routine - out in the morning, then a rest in the afternoon, and out again in the evening. Carry lots of water, stop for lots of rests. People manage these temps visiting Rome in the summer. It will probably be an interesting experience. They probably have some nice iced drinks.

Let us know how it goes! It has been cloudy and cool in England for days now - hot and sunny sounds good!

I didn't expect such hot weather in May. And yes, humidity is low. I haven't been in this kind of heat is such a long time. We will plan on sightseeing in the mornings and take a siesta during the hottest part of the day. But it looks like the heat peaks at four and five o'clock. The apartment has A/C, so it should be okay.

I hope the temperatures prove bearable! And I'm really looking forward to seeing some pics of Seville, and discovering how you like the apartment - Philippa and I are planning to spend a week there in late October this year.

I hope so, Jonathan. We are preparing ourselves for the heat.

I will definitely post some pictures as well as a review of the apartment. They may have to wait until we return to Paris. I am leaving my laptop in Paris since we flying Vueling with only a carryon.

Since you'll be in Seville in late October, I guess you won't be in Venice for the marathon. Enjoy SF in July while we are in London.

Yes, we seem to be doing our usual thing of being on the other side of the world again! Philippa has decided to run a very local marathon (the inaugural Bristol-Bath) in October (but we have just come back from Trieste, where she did a personal best time in their half marathon), so Venice will have to wait another year! Though I do rather fancy popping over before the Biennale finishes...

We are here relaxing in our apartment. And it's hot out there. It is almost 5 o'clock and it is 95 degrees.

We had a tapas lunch at Vineria San Telmo, food was very good and reasonably priced - 5 tapas, 1 half racion, 3 sherries, a glass of white wine and mineral water for under 40 euro.

Jonathan, the apartment is very nice but I don't think there's a knife in the kitchen. We flew carry on only so we could not bring one. We have to go out later to buy one plus a few things, some food and drink.

We had an apartment in Paris once with a good set of pots but no lids!! I looked everywhere, then the person from the agency looked everywhere - none. It is funny what is missing sometimes.

Keep cool!! :dork: And wear a sunhat.

image.jpg

Jonathan, here is the picture of the new kitchen. All the other pictures on the website represents the apartment as it is now. The cupboards are well stocked with plates, glasses, etc including 2 mokas.

Thanks, @JustTravel , for the various updates - and for the moka info (you obviously remember that ST thread with our Madrid experience!). I've just booked the apartment, and our flights, for the last week in October - so I've got plenty of time to do my research!

Was in Sevilla two weeks ago and it was in the late 30's. I'm a big fan of the traditional Spanish tasca. Sadly, they're dying out and being replaced by these tacky souvenir shops and naff restaurants that seem to clutter Santa Cruz these days. My favourites are Las Teresas and Hijos de Morales. Time warp job.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina