• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Small hotel recommendation for Barcelona?

Bruce Pollock

10+ Posts
We are into the planning stage for a trip to Spain in spring 2018. Can anyone recommend a decent small hotel in/near the old centre? I'm hoping to keep it to EUR 150 max per night but realize this may be a stretch. Would prefer small, family-run type operation if possible. Thanks.

How many nights in Barcelona? You might want to consider an apartment (with a washer and a kitchen). We're staying for two weeks in November at BCNGòtic. It is a building with all 13 apartments run by BCNGòtic; they are in your price range. Highly recommended from the old ST Vacation Rentals board. The apartments get booked well in advance.

http://en.bcngotic.com

hi Bruce:
We have stayed at the Hostal Levante in the old city. It is very basic but we found it clean and the staff friendly. We spent most of our waking hours sightseeing so extra amenities mattered little to us.There is no air conditioning so I imagine it could be quite hot in the summer. We were there in March and were comfortable. I suggest asking for a room fronting on the street rather than the courtyard. Also the entrance is on the left hand street when facing the window sign.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina