• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Staged on BBC One

Pauline

Forums Admin
Staged on BBC One is a great short series starring David Tennant and Michael Sheen rehearsing a play while in lockdown. The episodes are 15 minutes each and are done on zoom or video phone. It is probably scripted but it is like watching two friends talking. It really brings across the feeling of lockdown for people used to being busy. Very funny too.

I have recorded Staged and will watch in the next few days...

Did you watch Unprecedented? Uneven but some of the episodes were quite good.

And first off the blocks was ITV's Isolation Stories

Not to mention all the "lockdown style" adverts.

I could also tack on to this that BBC radio is running lockdown versions of theatre shows that can't now run otherwise: available on their website and the BBC Sounds app for a while:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08fw06m

And BBC Radio 4’s long time running daily (except Saturday) program The Archers is doing a somewhat lame lockdown version 5 nights a week.

I haven’t seen Unprecedented or Isolation Stories but will look for them.

And now the BBC is running a series of (mostly) remakes of Alan Bennett's Talking Heads monologues, which of course makes them ideal for distanced production.

The originals made memorable TV decades ago (and I gather the texts are now on A-level EngLit syllabuses as a modern classic).

First impressions so far are good, though if you do remember the originals, it's hard to shake off the memory of those voices.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00b0pdxxm

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina