• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Suggested Vacation Rentals for Tuscany (near Montepulciano)

Pauline

Forums Admin
A friend of mine rented a villa near Montepulciano last summer, with her extended family, and wants to return this summer with her husband, so is looking for something in the same area but smaller and more affordable.

I have a list of vacation rental resources for Tuscany on Slow Europe, but wanted to list a few favorites here, plus get some recommendations from others.

Sant Antonio - a beautiful estate in the countryside near Montepulciano. It is a restored monastery with 12 nice apartments, swimming pool, views, lovely grounds.

Agriturismo Cretaiole - Family run farm near Pienza in the Val d'Orcia with six apartments. Owned by Isabella Moricciani who also offers the villa Casa Moricciani and two apartments in Le Casine di Castello, both in nearby Castelmuzio. << I have not stayed here but we have many great reviews for them.

Agriturismo Poggio Etrusco - Cookbook author Pamela Sheldon Johns and her husband the artist John Johns offer three apartments (and one B&B room) on their organic farm near Montepulciano. Cooking classes available. << I have not stayed here but we have some good reviews and I follow her posts on Facebook.

La Foce - Apartments and houses on the estate made famous in Iris Origo's books. << I have not stayed here but visited a friend who was renting a place here.

TuscanHouse - Agency with vacation rentals in this area. << I have booked with Zak and Gary several times. They have great places.

Other suggestions?

(Hoping this will force my friend Marie to join the forums and take part in our travel talk.)

As I wrote here in response to Lisa, we stayed this past spring in the Politian Apartments in town. We loved the apartment and the location, and would highly recommend it. Giacomo, the owner, and his sister Maria are extremely helpful, and their apartments are quite reasonably priced. We always like to stay in a village, but your friend may prefer a place in the country. I imagine the town would be more crowded in the summer than when we were there in April - May. One consideration is that the apartments do not have private parking. We did not have a problem finding nearby parking in the spring, but perhaps it would be a lot more difficult in high season.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina