• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Surreal revisit to ST/SE--Tribute to Margaret Leach

Letha

10+ Posts
I am here because Pauline poked us this morning. I am guilty of not having been here for a while. Our last trip was to Colombia and that did not quite seem to fit into SE (though I did post on our trip to India). Two discoveries when I came back here:

1.I just booked out next trip to Helsinki and Tallin and voila, I find a trip report on Tallin here--thanks Eleanor
2.The second more somber and surreal: surfing around today, I found the new resource on visiting the Bavarian forest which is still in my to-do list. I did look into it before booking Helsinki but among other things I was trying to find the name/details of the person I had communicated with through ST, more than 15 years ago about her lodges in the forest at the border of Germany and Czech--I always planned to go and stay there one day. Yes that was Margaret Leach; we exchanged many messages at that time and I loved everything I heard and told her I would come one day. I just went back to her website from Pauline's posting of this resource to read her husband's message. C'est la Vie--another missed opportunity to meet someone from ST in real life

Yes, I was very sorry to hear of Margaret's passing and had planned to stay with her one day, but never got around to it. Her husband ran the vacation rentals last year but decided to sell them. They still have one house they rent out (4 bedrooms I think) and their son runs that.

Thanks for posting about Margaret.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina