• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Tea Cosy Cottage, Stretton-on-Fosse

italian excursion

100+ Posts
IMG_3088.jpg
Just a short mention until I have time to do a proper review. My friend Michele and I stayed here for ten days recently. Loved it; perfect little Hobbit House for the Cotswolds. It's very near Moreton-in-Marsh but not walking distance. There is NO commerce in the little village of Stretton save a wonderful pub or Free House as it's called, The Plough Inn. Also, there seems to be no real bus schedule that we could figure out after having waited an hour for the one posted. But a kindly neighbor gave us a ride into town after seeing us wait and wait, so that we could train off to pick up the car. That's a whole other story, in itself!

Our cottage was beyond perfect for our expectations and we talked about returning at some point. We thought ten days might be a bit long, but it turned out to be just lovely. We made friends in our village of 350+, loved our little pub and best of all got to see Pauline & Steve a bit.

Must go on to my next event. More later....
Cheers,
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com

I saw the cottage and it was charming. One of the oldest cottages I have seen with seriously low ceilings (my head touched some of the beams). Two bedrooms upstairs with interesting beams and a very low doorway. Incredibly thick stone walls. The cottage is hundreds of years old.

The location is good (although I wish they had been closer to us). A few miles from Moreton, which is a great market town and has a very good small supermarket - Budgens (there is one in Broadway too). A few miles from Chipping Campden. It is on the very northern edge of the Cotswolds.

Waiting for your review @italian excursion - would like to know which agency you rented it from.

Yes, Pauline; they know how to provide comfort and professionalism. The thing I also wanted to underscore is that I, who am prone to allergies/asthma, had NO symptoms while staying there. A 400+ year old building (and I've stayed in many) that doesn't produce illness is a miracle in my eyes!

Cheers,
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina