• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series The Bureau--Season 4

While waiting for the fourth episode of My Brilliant Friend to come on at 9 pm last night, we made the "mistake" of watching the first episode of Season 4 of the wonderful French spy series, The Bureau--now streaming on Sundance Now. Three taut episodes later, it was time for bed and Elena Ferrante will likely have to wait until we binge all ten episodes. The program has been described as the "anti-Homeland"....dealing with the nuts and bolts of espionage work in fascinating detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jim Zurer
I've got a week's trial Sundance subscription through Roku, and am planning to watch Season 4 of the Bureau. But I am having such a hard time remembering the first three seasons! I read the IMDB plot summaries but ...... anyone find a good way of catching up?
I'll probably just watch the last two episodes of Season 3; maybe they will refresh my memory.

Hmmm....I understand the difficulty of catching up with the plot of The Bureau and I wish I could help you find some good recaps. But--having binged all of Season 4 in one gulp and now anxiously awaiting Season 5--I can say that it wasn't too hard to get into the narrative.

Enjoy.....

While you are on your Sundance free trial, you might take a look at State of the Union--a ten-episode series directed by Stephen Frears, written by Nick Hornby and starring a radiant Rosamund Pike and Chris O'Dowd. Each episode lasts about ten minutes...set in a bar before a married couple's weekly session with a marriage counselor. Very amusing and realistic....

I was going to come back here to say that, while I am finding the Season 4 episodes brilliant and all that, I have no idea why Malotru is, so to speak, on the lam. Which makes it all seem a bit confusing.

If I finish the episodes in time, I'll try State of the Union, because I like the talent behing it. Thanks

I thought we would start watching this last night. We realized we had not seen season 3 and were going to start there, but we have to pay for the Sundance channel (which Jim mentioned above) and that stopped me. I pay for Amazon Prime and they list The Bureau and then I have to pay for yet another subscription??? They offer a 7 day trial and maybe we will start that tonight and power through.

Yes, Amazon Prime does that misleading bit. I haven't actually paid for any of those channels; I've done several free trials for shows that I've wanted. In several cases, I've gotten a free trial through my Amazon Prime account, and another free trial through Roku.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina