• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

The Cotswolds

Pauline

Forums Admin
The Cotswolds is a rural area west of London, between the Midlands and the South West. It sits roughly between Bath, Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford. This is beautiful countryside with gently rolling hills in the eastern part and deep river valleys and escarpment in the western part. The towns and villages are beautiful, most with well preserved historic centers. The countryside is farm fields or forests. Public footpaths are everywhere.

If you have any questions about this area, I know it like the back of my hand. We vacationed here nearly every summer for 6 years before moving here in 2010. I have information on my website Cotswolder.

Brits like to make fun of the Cotswolds because it is "posh playground", and it is true that many wealthy Londoners have second homes here, but it is also a place where average people live and work. It is a wonderful area to visit, and is full of charming vacation rentals (holiday cottages).

Photo from the Cotswold Way long distance walking trail looking to Painswick valley.

cotswold-way-5357.jpg

Pauline, I have been watching and re-watching all the BBC TV series for the last couple of years, via my Netflix that take place in your area of England. And it looks so inviting. I've not been to England for about 5 years except to travel through on my way to or from Italy. Now I am "itching" to visit there so a friend and I are making plans for the upcoming year, to do just that. Thanks for promoting it.

Cheers,
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina