• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

travel guide for Basilicata & Puglia

Kalpana

10+ Posts
can someone suggest travel guide to Basilicata & Puglia published in last 2-3 years??
I am thankful to Valerie,Pauline,Jane other people for posting the information.I will be travelling in May/2018

Lonely Planet has a guide for Puglia and Basilicata but it is from 2008. I can't remember what I used for our trips - possible the Cadogan guide for Naples and Southern Italy, but it is not recent.

When in Puglia I bought a small guide - Apulia, Art, Nature, History, Flavours.

@Valerie What do you recommend?

Not Cadogan! (You can find my rant about their so-called Basilicata section on my old blog!) :mad:

@Pauline, you probably used Lonely Planet, which is the only one that carries any detail on Basilicata but even that is rather limited compared to Puglia's section and they left off some important sites (like Grumentum). I'm working on a guide myself, but is going much slower than I'd hoped (several factors)
@Kalpana I'll send you a mini-guide I put together :)

Just stumbled on this site and page looking for the exact same thing as the original poster. Lonely planet's guide book is long past its publication date and old copies are selling for $50-$100 used! I bought LP's southern Italy but there really isn't much detail in it and loads of areas I don't need such as Sicily.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina