• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Tuscany Tuscany, Montepulciano, Sant Antonio, apartment in countryside, 1bed

Pauline

Forums Admin
Sant Antonio - Apartment 9 Giotto

Link: http://www.santantonio.it/
Date: June 2014

Steve and I spent a week at Sant Antonio and loved it. The estate is near Montepulciano in my favorite part of Tuscany. You are in the peaceful countryside, but are close to many places including Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Sant'Antimo, Monte Oliveto, La Foce, Lake Trasimeno, Cortona, Siena. There are endless places to explore. The countryside and towns in this area are beautiful.

Sant Antonio is an historic monastery remodeled into apartments, surrounded by olive groves, woods and farm fields. We stayed in Apartment 9 Giotto, a one bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor. It was spacious and very comfortable with lovely views over to Lake Trasimeno. The bathroom was huge, the bed was very comfortable and the kitchen well-equipped. We had a nice (small) terrace with table and chairs.

There is a nice walking trail on the estate that takes you out through the olive grove to the woods and fields. The swimming pool is very nice. There are large grounds and lots of nice places to sit and relax. Nico is onsite frequently and has good advice for restaurants, food shops, etc.

Nico, who owns the estate, is wonderful to deal with. Booking was easy. He was there to meet us on arrival. He is frequently in his office on the estate, so you can find him if you need local advice. The other people working there are very nice and helpful. Many of my travel friends have stayed here and recommend it. I was happy to finally get the chance to stay there! He also offers apartments in Montepulciano.

full

Last edited:
I need to second Pauline's recommendation and write up. We have been coming to Sant' Antonio since 2001. We NEVER come to Italy without a week here as it is its own little piece of heaven and serenity. Pauline has so accurately described it that there is not much to add except to say that the quality and perfection of Sant' Antonio outshines any rental we have experienced anywhere. We know many people from around the world who have stayed here and without exception they have loved it. Now a good portion of his guests are returnees who book a year in advance.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina