• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Unprepared - Or Just Relaxed?

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
We leave tomorrow for our Baltic adventure. The clothes, right or wrong, hot or cold, are packed and we'll hope for the best - which means as long as it doesn't rain non-stop, we'll be fine.

This is the most unprepared I've ever been for a vacation. Maybe unprepared isn't the right word, but I definitely have not researched like I usually do. We've arranged private walking tours for each of the cities we'll be visiting in order to learn as much as we can. Wandering and enjoying the ambiance is fine for a small town, or someplace you've been before, but we'll never visit St Petersburg, Russia, or Stockhom, Sweden again, so I want to see and do as much as possible.

I have bought a guidebook that covers all the places we'll visit so we have a working knowledge of the cities, and we'll have 2 1/2 days in Copenhagen before and after the cruise to relax and enjoy. I still feel 'unprepared' rather than relaxed, but then I think about all the people who get off a plane with no idea where they're going, where they're staying, etc, and somehow they have fun and get a long just fine. Here's hoping I can relax and enjoy!

Thanks for your input, and I will report back on the weather and on how our choice of clothing worked out (or not!).

Have a great trip! I think many people take cruises, and tours, so that they don't have to do the extensive research, so you will be more prepared than most.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina