• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Unscented Washing Products..Help

Lisa in Ottawa

500+ Posts
Our sheets are very perfumed. we went looking for unscented laundry soap but couldn't find anything. Even products approved for sensitive skin have perfume. Ugh! Suggestions please. glad I'm not allergic. just not a perfume lover.

Go to a Natural Foods shop. They will have natural, fragrance-free laundry soap. I use a brand called "Bio" (not positive I remember the name, comes in a paper bag). Ecover has fragrance-free version.

Waitrose sells a sensitive version which is good and they might have the ecover. So might Tesco.

It takes several washes to get rid of the fragrance chemicals. Can you hang the sheets outside? The sun will help them.

Thanks, Pauline. I'm amazed at how difficult these products are to find in Oxford. Even Ecover states they are "lightly fragrant". What on earth?! I don't think I can wait for a mail order. This is silly. There is 1 natural foods store that I will check out but I think it's more like ethnic and bulk.
You would think a place like Oxford would have these kind of products. Sheesh.

Mail order comes very fast in the UK. In a day or two usually.

There should be a natural foods shop in Oxford.

Ecover still does a fragrance-free laundry soap. It will be labeled, but some have fragrance now.

And now you know where the Waitrose is too! It must be fun to bike everywhere. You can't do that from Painswick. Too many fast moving, narrow roads.

And now you know where the Waitrose is too! It must be fun to bike everywhere. You can't do that from Painswick. Too many fast moving, narrow roads.
Don't be fooled. It was a very hairy bike ride. Given the amount of cyclists on the road, I'm surprise there are not more cycle designated lanes. However, I think drivers are more conscious of cyclists than at home.
There was 1 huge 2 km hill with drivers whizzing past. A real adrenalin rush.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina