• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Vaccine Passports - do you have one?

Pauline

Forums Admin
In the UK they now have vaccine passports! We have an NHS app that you use to track doctor visits and prescriptions. Now there is a section showing your Covid vaccines and an “official” document that is viewed in the app or generated as a PDF. It lists your name and birthdate and information on your shots. Below is a screen snap of part of mine.

I only knew about this from a UK travel person on Twitter. I heard months ago that they were going to use this app for vaccine info so installed it.

We have another NHS app for Covid, to check in to places and to register test results. Not sure why they didn’t use that app. Maybe because our test and trace system is a disaster and they wanted to be well away from it.

Now waiting for mid June when the traffic light system for travel from the UK is updated. Currently we can only go to Portugal and a few other places without having to quarantine on return. I want to go to France!

F7BFCEB7-CC9F-4683-AE5C-6A8B2181B85A.png

Press release 20 May 2021
EU Digital COVID Certificate: European Parliament and Council reach agreement on Commission proposal

From the article: This means that the certificate (previously called the Digital Green Certificate) is well on track to be ready end of June, as planned.

Now there is a section showing your Covid vaccines and an “official” document that is viewed in the app or generated as a PDF.

A few questions about this :
1. Is there any talk about the possibility of forging the PDF? Doesn't seem hard to do, I would think...
2. Is the NHS app recognized at the countries of entrance?
3. Will the UK airports independently have all the vaccine data about every UK citizen, or are they counting on each traveler displaying their cellphone to show the app?

1. Is there any talk about the possibility of forging the PDF? Doesn't seem hard to do, I would think..

There is a 2D barcode as part of the vaccine passport - it appears, once scanned, to be encrypted text - so there is probably at least some degree of security.

I became fully vaccinated on 6 May and yesterday received a text from the Italian health ministry to activate my 'EU Digital Covid Certificate' using either a designated website or the IMMUNI app. I have been using the app sporadically since the pandemic started and it took less than 5 minutes to activate with the code they sent and my health service number. :)

My 'EU Digital Covid Certificate' is a QR code and I cannot take a screen-shot. They have obviously built-in some safeguards. ;)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina