• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Venezia 2017

Two more exhibits. These are in Dorsoduro, across from the squero. I didn't read the descriptions.

fullsizeoutput_2cc8.jpeg

Golden phoenix?

fullsizeoutput_2cc7.jpeg

ET?

Today there was some rain and acqua alta. I took a walk anyway, skirting some standing water and taking some detours since I didn't wear rubber boots. Piazza San Marco was crowded. I braved the passerelle (elevated walkways), reminding myself to be patient since many tourists would stop to take pictures or look around unmindful of people behind them.

Here are some random pictures.

Academia bridge is in the process of being retrofitted
fullsizeoutput_2ce0.jpeg

The Golden Tower, part of the Biennale in Campo San Vio.
fullsizeoutput_2ce1.jpeg

Cappella di San Vio
fullsizeoutput_2ce2.jpeg

Squero in Dorsoduro
fullsizeoutput_2ce3.jpeg

And on the way home, stopped in at Pasticceria Tonolo for some krapfen con crema and butter cookies
fullsizeoutput_2ce4.jpeg

Wednesday turned out to be a nice day, weather-wise, a bit cold but dry. We woke up late that by the time we had our coffee and done some food shopping, it was already noon.

I went to
Ottica Vascellari to check if the glasses I ordered the day before were ready. And they were!
fullsizeoutput_2ce8.jpeg

....a pair of reading glasses and a pair of sunglasses. The frames are "fatto a mano in Italia." Very useful souvenirs.

The pick-up process was so quick that I had enough time to make a circular walk - over the Rialto bridge to the Academia bridge, through Dorsoduro and San Polo, then home. I stopped by BJ & Alan's apartment in Dorsoduro hoping to say "Buon viaggio" in person but their lights were off, so I didn't see them.

After lunch, I went to my massage appointment given by an American woman living here in Venice. Oh, so nice and relaxing. A first here but certainly not the last, I hope.

Last edited:
Cold, rain, wind, and a bit of acqua alta. That's today in Venice. We would have love nothing better than staying in but today is cleaning day and we don't want to be in the apartment while they do so. So, we got ready and went out for coffee.

Then we visited the San Giovanni Elemosinario church close by on Ruga Rialto.
fullsizeoutput_2d25.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2d24.jpeg

It is a small church with some beautiful paintings from the 16th century.

Another nice day. After some coffee at Caffè del Doge, we picked up some mineral water from the nearby Coop. We then met BJ and Alan at Al Vecio Maragon for lunch and catching up (sorry no food pictures).

After checking out their apartment, we stopped in at Gelateria il Doge in San Tomà for dessert.
View attachment 7707

We found an empty bench in Campo San Polo and enjoyed our gelato.
View attachment 7708

Took these photos during our walk.

Pasticceria Tonolo ready for halloween
View attachment 7706

Signor Blum - handmade wooden puzzles
View attachment 7704 View attachment 7705
oh I love these wooden puzzles!!!!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina