• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Venezia 2017

I caught up on your posts. Such fabulous photos! I love the one of the gondolas on the grand canal. And that woman in high heels with the two dogs under the laundry. And those black leather men's shoes with the tree branches. Your new glasses look great!

Staying longer in one place is such a different experience, or so it seems. We frequently stay two weeks in a place, but we really should do a longer stay sometime like you are doing.

Went to the Fortuny Museum today and took pictures of the Venetian rooftops from the museum's top floor.

fullsizeoutput_2d37.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2d38.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2d39.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2d3b.jpeg

WOW is right -- shopping there will be a treat in April. Looks like it's about a 5-minute walk from our apartment. Thanks, JustTravel!

Our walk yesterday started by walking over the Rialto bridge to Strada Nuova. From the Teatro Italia we walked to the church of Santa Maria di Nazareth, the church just before the Santa Lucia train station. It is a beautiful church.

The altar
fullsizeoutput_2d7b.jpeg

The organ pipes
fullsizeoutput_2d80.jpeg

Various chapels
fullsizeoutput_2d82.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2d81.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2d88.jpeg

One of the pietre dure doors
fullsizeoutput_2d8c.jpeg

......close-up of one of the panels (made up of hard stones)
fullsizeoutput_2d8a.jpeg

Last edited:
Me too. Not sure when my next trip to Venice will happen, but your trip report is a lovely substitute--for now!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina