• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Venice Venice, Dorsoduro, 2 bedroom

nola44

10+ Posts
What: Canal View Apartment, Dorsoduro, Venice
When: May 2014, 5 nights
Travelers: Husband, me, brother-in-law

I found this apartment by searching the internet. It was listed on homeaway.com http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p1033852 had reviews on that site as well as on tripadvisor.com. It's a two bedroom, two bath renovated in a modern style. Cost was a reasonable 200Euro/night. I communicated with the Juiceglam team and they answered my questions to my satisfaction. The deposit was paid by paypal. The greeting team contacted me to make arrangements for our arrival and we agreed on a time and place (San Toma vaporetto stop). I emailed them on the day of arrival confirming that we'd be there as planned.

Location: The apartment was closer to San Polo than what I think of as Dorsoduro (the Accademia area). Campo Santa Margarita was close and we got groceries and supplies at the market there. San Toma vaporetto stop was only one bridge away which was great when we were hauling luggage!

The apartment was clean, modern, attractive, and large. They kept the exposed beams but painted them white. It had pretty glass chandeliers. The bedrooms were comfortable with firm king sized beds, small bedside tables and a free standing wardrobe. There were no drawers or luggage racks.

The kitchen was very cool and had everything we needed for a short stay (including a dishwasher that we didn't even use). It would have been nice if they provided starter sized dish washing detergent, paper towels, garbage bags, toilet paper. We had to buy all those items on day 1. They did have sufficient bath/hand soaps and shower gel. The sofa was comfortable. The dining table was big for the space with 6 chairs.

The ensuite bathroom was tiny so hubby used the hall bath which was much larger. His brother didn't mind! The bedroom with the ensuite bathroom also had a tiny balcony overlooking a canal but it wasn't big enough to sit outside with a glass of wine. It was more decorative. The AC was loud but kept things cool and comfortable.

Minor niggle: there were no hooks to hang wet towels in the bathrooms or anywhere else. Bigger niggle: the wifi did not work and management was not responsive about helping us get it working.

We loved the apartment and would definitely stay there again even with the niggles. It's a great space in a great, quiet, convenient location, at a good price in a wonderful city. In the future, I will just ensure we are connected to wifi BEFORE the apartment greeter leaves!

Large dining table with six chairs

Bedroom with ensuite bath and small balcony

View from balcony-Left

View from balcony-Right

(www.herewegoagain-italy.blogspot.com)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina