• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

#Walk500Miles

Pauline

Forums Admin
A few of us are doing #Walk1000Miles for 2017 and we have a private forum where we are posting our weekly totals. Does anyone want to join us? Tomorrow is the start of the second half of 2017 and you could do the #Walk500miles challenge. It works out to about 3 miles a day, or 20 miles a week.

Steve and I are doing "boots on" miles which means we track the miles when we are out walking, but you can also do overall miles using a fitbit or the health app on your phone to track you daily miles. We do overall miles when we are traveling because it easy an easier way to keep track. We are at 652 miles, so are ahead of schedule.

Send me a message if you want to join us and I will give you access to the forum.

My thoughts on this walking challenge half way through. I think 1000 miles in a year, 20 miles a week, is a good level. In the summer we do more walking and end up around 30 miles a week, but sometimes that feels too much and takes up too much time. However, we both love being outside - so always go for longer walks in the summer. My favorite summer day is a 5 - 8 mile hike with a picnic lunch.

Last week while in Brittany we did almost 40 miles! We had one long hike - 8 miles - and about three 3-mile walks. The rest was trooping around the towns. You really do end up walking a lot when you are traveling in Europe.

Just don't fall down at your door (well, someone had to do it)

I'd never heard of those guys before. Watched the video and I'm a fan! Now I've seen several performances via youtube including one of another song performed at a children's hospital.
Amazing what one can learn on this site:)

They're something of a Scottish institution, as you might guess......

1000 miles sounds like a lot, but I just realized that I have been totaling enough miles per day without even really thinking about it to make that much and more in a year. I have been keeping track of steps and miles via my iPhone (I don't have a Fitbit), and I almost always come out with about 4 miles a day. Mike and I try to go for an exercise walk of 2 - 2.5 miles every day, and then just from walking around the house, and other places, I try to make 10,000 steps. Usually I get a bit more, so it does add up. 11,000 steps makes about 4 miles, according to my phone app.

That is great Roz! I am trying to hit 1000 with "boots on" miles and some of us are using Fitbits or iPhones to track all activity. With your daily walks (boots on) you are almost the daily amount needed for 1000 miles (2.74). Join the group? :)

Most days I collapse on a bench beside our door - does that count?

I'm sure it counts, but it doesn't quite scan for the tune!

image.jpeg

If only I could walk as much at home as I do in Paris! At home, I use a car to run errands. It would be great to live in a walkable city.

I arrived in Paris and have one full day left. Here's my mileage....not bad for a 63 year-old! The day with 10.5 miles was actually 11.9 as I walked past midnight. Sorry if the image is too large. I'm bumbling with an old iPad, having left my MacBook at home this trip.

This explains why I am worn out after a trip. I think we walk a lot more than we realise!

Great miles! With the number of trips you do and your dog walking you probably make 1000 miles.

That is great Roz! I am trying to hit 1000 with "boots on" miles and some of us are using Fitbits or iPhones to track all activity. With your daily walks (boots on) you are almost the daily amount needed for 1000 miles (2.74). Join the group? :)
Pauline, could you explain what the group does? Is it a private forum here or elsewhere?

It is a private forum here. Once I assign you to it, you will see it in the forum list. We just post our weekly totals in a thread and sometimes chat in a blog thread. I'll put you in it so you can decide if you want to join.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina