• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

We leave for France next week.

phirhon

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
After several months of planning we are almost there. We leave next Wednesday and arrive in Lyon on Thursday. We are excited and a little nervous as it has been four and a half years since our last trip and we are that much older. We have had another Covid booster and had our flu shots this morning.

Our first gite begins on the Saturday and we have two one night stays before we get there. We are staying in Biron in the Dordogne, then down to the Bearn area near Pau, back up to Fources in the Gers, across to Uzerche in the Correze, near Murat in the Cantal, and finishing in Le Crozet in the Loire department near Roanne. This is a mix of new - Bearn and Loire- and some places we have been before either to stay- Cantal, Dordogne and Gers- and Uzerche which we visited on a day trip in 2008. Some of these areas are less well known, or at least less mentioned on travel forums. Over the years we have come to enjoy these quieter regions, the more ordinary French towns and villages without the tourist hype of some places.

This trip is about enjoying being back in France. We will be sight seeing of course, but not planning on being on the go from morning to night. We enjoy self catering and are looking forward to re discovering some of our favourite things that we do not get at home, enjoying some wine regions, some local cheeses and charcuterie, lots of duck, new season asparagus and strawberries, and generally just enjoying all France has to offer at our own pace.

I will be doing a trip report on our return.

Happy travels to everyone who is planning a trip this year.

I am sure we will Pauline. After the last few years we doubted we would return but decided to take the plunge. I hope your health improves so you can travel more. I know what an important part of your life it has been.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina