• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

A story from someone who got permanently banned from AirBnB

I try very hard to leave appropriate reviews after having been taken by "glowing" reviews to find the rental did not live up to them. We are fairly flexible travelers and are very aware that sometimes things happen. On our last trip, we rented an apartment in Torino through VRBO that stated they had 2 bedrooms in the description. Upon arrival we found out the 2nd "bedroom" was actually the living room sofa bed. This is the review I wrote:

The location of this apartment is great and close to public transportation for getting around the city. Easy walking distance to the city center. It was clean and we loved the terrace. The owners were very helpful in providing information on nearby coffee shops, market and restaurants as well as providing a book with additional information. The apartment is on the 4th floor, but there is an elevator. The availability of in and out parking at 9 euros/day was a definite plus.

The reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is that while the description states there are two bedrooms, in reality there is only one. The photos that appear to show two bedrooms is actually of the one bedroom with a different cover on the bed. The second sleeping bed is a fold-out couch in the living area. To access the bathroom in the middle of the night if one were sleeping on the couch, you have to go through the bedroom. Since we were family, we were able to make this work; but if rented by unrelated couples or a family with older children, it could be awkward.

I would rent this apartment again if it were just my husband and me.

I felt it was a fair review given the situation. Just now when I went to the website to look at my review, I noticed they have changed # of bedrooms to 1. Except it now says it can sleep 5 - having experienced the apartment, I have absolutely no idea where or on what the 5th person would sleep!!!!

The terrace was lovely, especially since it was covered and we had rain every day of our stay - we could still use it.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina