• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Bodyguard on BBC

Jim Zurer

500+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
Just watched the first four episodes of Bodyguard, the new Jed Mercurio (Line of Duty) political thriller. Extraordinarily gripping so far....the man knows how to construct a television series.

I read that Season 5 of Line of Duty will start filming soon....can't wait.

First 4 episodes were great. Episodes 5 and 6 were not. It turned sappy and complicated. I don't think they explained all the plot lines. Too bad! I really liked it at first. It was hugely popular here, but many articles complained about the ending.

We did watch the last two episodes and, while I can see what you are saying, we found the last episode gripping (if a bit far-fetched) and the denouement with the young terrorist convincing. As with other Jed Mercurio shows, plots tend to be very dense, if not impenetrable. All in all, we like it.

I read it it will be on Netflix in the US in the coming months.

Have you seen any of his other shows...Critical and Bodies? They are hard to find here.

The Bodyguard is on Netflix now. We just binged it in 3 days -- really liked it, including the ending. I read that they are planning a second season.

I binged this last week. Good but not amazing. (And whatever you think of "The Durrells...." quite a different role for Keeley Hawes. ...)

To my mind, Keeley Hawes is one of those British national treasures (like Nicola Walker)--ubiquitous in English television programs--always leaving a memorable impression.. Line of Duty, Tipping the Velvet, MI-5 (Spooks in Great Britain), The Missing....all excellent performances.

According to the IMDB, she will be appearing in three upcoming series now in post-production....Jerusalem, Summer of Rockets and Mrs. Wilson. Always look forward to her appearances....

Loved The Bodyguard!!!!!
I don't think I breathed for the first half hour of the first episode. :O
It's on Netflix Canada if anyone needs to know.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina