• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Change of plans & travel in early part of 2022

VictoriaJZ

10+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
We WERE going to France/Dordogne/Lot in September but the passport agency messed up and we had to cancel - and our flight $ is good up to June so need to plan a new trip for Jan-May next year. While going to France or Italy would be fine and certainly doable [I’m 74 & husband is 88] I’m thinking a quiet time somewhere in Greece might be good == we have been there twice and seen Athens, Delphi and Hydra and my preference would be to be lost in a quiet place on a small island with tiny towns and friendly people. We love to visit cultural and historical places but certainly can spend time relaxing as well. I’m assuming we’d fly into Athens and then need to go to X by ferry or some other method [which doesn’t mean we wouldn’t like to see other parts of Greece, just not trying to pack too much into the trip.Neither of us moves as fast as we used to.

I haven’t given up on France etc but we’ve been there more recently and in early cooler part of the year maybe Greece would be better? Thanks for any tips. I’m thinking ahead, obviously.
Victoria

We want to Crete Several years ago and really enjoyed it Dash stayed pretty much on the north side of it but there are quite a number of historical and cultural places to visit and enjoy. Well worth the visit

Years ago we did spend a week on Malta and also did get, one day, to Gozo == but it's another good option. What is most fascinating about Malta is how many countries over ran or conquered it or used it as a base. Enjoyed that trip quite a bit....

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina