• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Dublin Murders based on Tana French novels coming this Fall

Me, neither! I love Tana French. Oh wait, we don't have either BBC or Starz. Will have to wait for the DVD to be available through interlibrary loan.

Really annoyed at myself: I had done a free trial subscription to Starz to watch "Dublin Murders" not realizing that it wasn't starting until this week. So my subscription is done. There's nothing else on Starz I found to watch so I guess I'll have to wait until "Dublin Murders" turns up someplace else.

I'm watching it now. I was a bit confused at first as I had read the books some time ago and finally got "with it". Maybe I'm watching too many different shows at once? I only allow myself a couple of hours an evening but still, I get bored with the screen! And I do find that I can only take so much "dark" material while sheltering in place. How about y'all!?

I watched the episodes until "Lexi" and then, just can't get back with it. I love the books. I think it's just too dark for me. I've had trouble watching "Ozark" and really loved it until this season. I've been home since March 13. So, yes--I think it's the mindset.

As for Starz -- have you watched "Outlander?"

Cameron, I watch the first 2 seasons of Ozark when it was first out but it stopped being of interest for me after that. Yes, I watched Outlander and am still watching. I loved the first several seasons and can honestly say was a bit obsessed with it. The last season was just OK for me so I think I see a pattern here. My attention span!!!

Watching "Anne with An E". They did a great job with the casting....And though it does create some angst, it's not dark like the others we talked about.

Interesting... just getting back here. I’ve realized I have no interest in watching the Tana French series. These British shows —- unless exceptionally brilliantly cast like “Unforgotten”—— are maybe just too dark.

I am a big fan of British crime series and have watched them for years. But we could just not get into Dublin Murders. My husband, who is less patient than me, was ready to give up after the first episode but we pushed on and gave up after the second. I just did not enjoy it and life is too short.
One problem which I have alluded to before, and is probably confined to us, is that as Australians, we find it difficult to understand some broad English/Scottish/Irish accents. After several " What on earth did he/she say ?", we get sick of it unless we are really engaged. And we were not.

I think, too, at least for me, the series combined two books and I'd read both. It was confusing to integrate the two stories. oh well. On a side note; I am loving The Good Fight, which I resisted because it was a spin off from network tv. But it's quite well written, humorous and has actual depth to it on the streaming streaming platform. 'Nuff said.

One problem which I have alluded to before, and is probably confined to us, is that as Australians, we find it difficult to understand some broad English/Scottish/Irish accents.

Have you tried watching with closed-captions? Makes a big difference in my opinion....

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina