• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Fire at Rome's FCO

Air Canada still has the notification re:check in counter moved to terminal 5, on their website. I saw several wearing the masks too.

Now that we are back home, I am thinking of changing our flight in and out of Rome in September. I worry that they don't get things straightened out.

Great news! I still have our Heathrow - Rome flight for September. A Facebook friend posted yesterday about chaos at Rome Airport flying home. There was a long line just to get into the terminal and it took them two hours in line to get checked in. I was thinking I would change our September flight but now I won't need to.

That's looking up, but mayor says still extensive work to be done. I would still expect delays though. Gate D was my gate and that ws a hassle.

I'm glad my trip through there is over. It was my worse airport experience ever. I can just imagine the confusion gong on with this.

Posted today:

Rome (FCO)
Airport facilities constraints
Airport:
Rome, Leonardo da Vinci Int'l (Fiumicino), Italy (FCO)
Event:
Please be advised that the Air Canada check-in counters at Leonardo Da Vinci International Airport (Fiumicino) in Rome have been temporarily relocated to Terminal 5 (from Terminal 3), due to damages caused by a recent fire.If you are travelling from this airport, we ask that you arrive at the airport earlier than normal in order to allow more time for check-in and security screening.
Air Canada and Air Canada Express advise that flights to, from or connecting through the airport(s) listed may be delayed or cancelled due to the event described.

When:
All day, August 8, 2015

And it continues.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina