• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Get French Health Pass online

Pauline

Forums Admin
I saw this post today about the France Covid pass. You can now request it online. I am not sure how this works, but the link and the post are below.

11870CF9-CDCA-46B4-BDEC-67FF11171101.jpeg

Used the link; got my pass!
Alwina, I'm glad to hear the system worked for you. How long did it take from when you applied and when you got your pass? And how much time between when you received the pass and your arrival date in France?

My husband and I both got our passes with the help of our village pharmacist, but I know several people who are anxious awaiting their passes.

Alwina, I'm glad to hear the system worked for you. How long did it take from when you applied and when you got your pass? And how much time between when you received the pass and your arrival date in France?

My husband and I both got our passes with the help lof our village pharmacist, but I know several people who are anxious awaiting their passes.
Kathy: I applied using the web link on August 27th. I edited my submission on September 3rd to change the “foreign address “ to my US address (though I put my French address in the additional comments section). Got the pass on 7 September. So about 11 days.
I changed the address at the advice of a French friend who said the officials reviewing the form would understand a foreign address to be non-French! IDK if it mattered but, …

Kathy: I applied using the web link on August 27th. I edited my submission on September 3rd to change the “foreign address “ to my US address (though I put my French address in the additional comments section). Got the pass on 7 September. So about 11 days.
I changed the address at the advice of a French friend who said the officials reviewing the form would understand a foreign address to be non-French! IDK if it mattered but, …
BTW, I arrive in France on 8 October.

Alwina, thanks for the info... very helpful!

The web link IS THE ONLY way to apply now. The info from the ParisMouth link above is no longer true. Pharmacies have been told to stop proving pass and the email addresses aren’t valid anymore. The web link is easy though and seems to be working for many people. It’s taking 2-12 days. Here is the link and some useful instructions. The link is at the end.

OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR AMERICANS to obtain a "pass sanitaire".

Tips: If your screen is acting funny, change browsers. EDGE seems to have problems; GoogleChrome works well.

IF YOU ARE TRAVELING WITH OTHERS, each person must create their own request using their own email. (Children < 12 do not need a pass.) DO NOT use one email to obtain requests for several people.

1) "Residence Abroad" + "Country of Residence Abroad" is your US address. Country = ETATS-UNIS.

2) "Date of Arrival" in France should match the date that shows on your itinerary. It may not be same same as your flight date!

3) "A Copy of your Ticket": get an itinerary or screen print that also shows your name (as well as your flight info)

4) If you have no return ticket, explain that in the freeform text box, and include a pic of your visa or Carte de Séjour. If you click on the MESSAGES tab, you'll see you can attach a doc there.

5) When supplying documents, a scanned image is far more legible than a crummy phone shot. It's a question of respect. Upside-down or sideways images, poorly lit fuzzy images will not earn you brownie points and yes, may get passed over. Do the sure thing and send SCANNED IMAGES only.

6) If all else fails, you can INVITE a 3rd party to see (and modify) your request. Sometimes it takes someone already familiar with French bureaucracy to help.

Alwina: I remember your wonderful trip reports and photos from Paris on the "old" Slowtrav site, so I'm hoping we can expect more of the same from you on your upcoming trip!

Alwina: Thanks for the info.I submitted on Sunday Sept 12th for a trip starting on Sept 21. I waited at their request till close to the travel date, I hope we get it in time. Also we are transferring through London Heathrow and now COVID tests are required, even for transits. I had the Abbott BinaxNOW Ag Card at home test all ready for the return to the US, but I am not sure it is accepted in England. Perhaps someone reading this will know. I will post how it goes for us - wish us luck!

As your date approaches, you might go back into your application (the edit function) and note in the comments that your travel date is (...) days away and that you are still waiting for the pass sanitaire. I know several people who have done this and then received their pass. There is also a message function on the web application that people have used.

In terms of testing, I'm guessing you may be able to test at London Heathrow with an appointment. Or just get a test before you leave at your local pharmacy. It's good for 3 days and you'll feel like it's money well spent--if you let your doctor know you are traveling, perhaps they will authorize for insurance? Where I live, both CVS and Walgreens will test and bill insurance if you believe you have been "exposed." Just saying.

Since the approval process for the pass sanitaire still seems to be backlogged, I've met several Americans who are here in France and still waiting. The CDC card is being accepted by some restaurants etc. (Someone told me that an SNCF official told them they would accept the CDC card as well.) But I would still try to get the pass sanitaire, and Alwina's suggestion seems like a good one.

This updated post by Paris by Mouth has some very helpful info: https://parisbymouth.com/how-to-transform-your-american-vaccination-card-into-a-french-health-pass/

Well I submitted all my info six weeks in advance of a planned trip and never received a thing. Changed my plans..

what is the latest? Will proof of Vax suffice?

News! Foreign nationals can now take proof of vaccination to a pharmacy and for 30-35 euros the pharmacist can issue the pass. You can get a copy with the QR code and scan it into the Touscovid App. The website is now for use by French nationals only.

News! Foreign nationals can now take proof of vaccination to a pharmacy and for 30-35 euros the pharmacist can issue the pass. You can get a copy with the QR code and scan it into the Touscovid App. The website is now for use by French nationals only.
Big Merci!

We applied two weeks before but did not receive our pass from the French ministry before our trip at the beginning of October. When we arrived, we found a pharmacy that entered our information, provided a paper copy with the QR code and were able to scan it into the Tous Covid App. (Or you could just use the paper QR code) The French Ministry finally approved our pass on-line three days before we were set to leave. Do make the effort to get the Pass Sanitaire and scan it into the app. Virtually every restaurant we went to did check it. It is so much faster and better understood by places instead of the US vaccine card. However, pharmacies have been inundated by tourists and have been subjected to scams so some are not willing to do it for tourists.

I participated in a webinar with the France tourism organization earlier this week and they shared some info about the new process for the "pass sanitaire" for international visitors. It was implemented on October 31.

Going forward, you'll have to visit a designated pharmacy to have your vaccination card info transferred to a pass sanitaire. (You must have your original card-- not a copy-- and your passport.) Pharmacies have to be enrolled in the program and they can charge up to 36 euro. Right now there aren't many participating pharmacies at all-- and pretty much only in major cities. But they emphasized that more will be added all the time-- hopefully before the main tourism season!

If you don't have a pass sanitaire, you can also get a temporary pass for 72 hours with a negative COVID test (available at most pharmacies). And some places may allow you to enter with your CDC vaccination card (or may not ask for anything), but this is risky for them as the fines are substantial.

This info may be helpful and includes a map where you can find the participating pharmacies.

The French parliament just extended the use of the pass sanitaire until July 2022, if required by the health situation.

I'm a big supporter of the pass sanitaire, though the process for foreign visitors to obtain these has now changed several times and hasn't been at all effective. Let's hope that many more pharmacies participate in this new approach. (We'll be visiting our village pharmacist to encourage her to participate... and meanwhile, I'm glad I already have my pass sanitaire!)

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina