• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess This Photo - April 2018

Does anyone have any idea where that ruined abbey is on the Amalfi Coast?

@Tim W , you are up next. We can let my Amalfi Coast photo sit until someone comes along who knows it.

I think it's the Ruins of Basilica Sant'Eustachio on Via Sant'Eustachio, 84010 Scala SA, Italy per Google search.

That’s it! I’ve never seen it from that view. On our trip last November we walked by these ruins but they were closed and we looked in through the gate but we were looking at the other side and I didn’t realise how big the ruins were! They are on the walking trail from Pontone to the top of the Valley of Iron (??) that goes out from Amalfi.

We passed them before on our previous trip but didn’t know they were there. Last time they were closed for midday.

Thanks! And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Not particularly inspiring, but geographically significant.

P1020095a.jpg

Hi Tim
Is it Lizard Point - the southernmost tip of England?
Regards
Ian

It is the "Somethingmost" point of somewhere.

Might ring a bell with those interested in Naval History.

Google suggests it's not Cape Trafalgar!

Ann is in the right country
Patrick is geographically closer
There have been numerous sea battles called "The battle of " - the most famous probably being in 1780 or 1797 (Nelson took part in the latter)

I studied at The Other Place, so I'm saying nothing.

Well worked out JustTravel. It is Oxford "that sweet City with her dreaming Spires". The photo was taken from the top of the Saxon tower of St Michael at the North Gate. The tower was restored in 1986 and is now the easiest church tower to climb in Oxford, with its wooden stairway.

Yout turn...

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina