• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess This Photo - April 2018

I've been doing a google image search for a hilltop statue of Christ and eventually have come up with San Sebastian in Spain. I think the building at the bottom right is the City Hall.

Not the traditional view, but should still be recognisable....
Screen shot 2018-04-17 at 07.58.15.png

Okay, here's the next -- sorry for the delay, we're enjoying blue skies and temps in the low 70s in Venice:
353.JPG

No-one is coming in here, so I've been doing a google image search and think it must be the Randonne Tower in Nyons. It looks such a beautiful and delicate structure.

Not a clue where it is. Pure guess on my part - something designed by Frank Lloyd Wright?
Looks like desert - So US South West?

Tim I think you are correct on both of your guesses :bulb:

Knowing nothing about Frank Lloyd Wright and following on from both Tim and Colo, I've been doing a google search and have come up with Taliesin West which Wiki describes as "the winter home and school in the desert from 1937 until his death in 1959 at the age of 91. Today it is the main campus of the School of Architecture at Taliesin and houses the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation."

I was intrigued by the name Taliesin which was a C6th Welsh bard and also the name of a locomotive on the narrow gauge railway Ffestiniog Railway in North Wales.

Would either Tim W or Colo like to start a new picture thread for May rather than me? I'd never have got that far if Tim hadn't identified the architect and area and this was confirmed by Colo.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina