• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess This Photo - December 2017

Pauline

Forums Admin
I will start this month's thread. Where is this pretty bridge?

guess-photo-0617.jpg

Hah. That'll teach me. I have no idea (apart from the fact that it's from Catholic Germany, Austria or central Europe, because of the onion dome), but curiosity led me to a Google image reverse search, where a stock photo of this bridge turns up as ........ "Old church and bridge".

Well, I was with Pauline & Steve on that trip, so I'm keeping quiet :dork: But although there's a small onion dome on the church spire, have a closer look at the rest of the building: those roof tiles aren't particularly central-European.

Ponte de Lima -- had to go back to my photos of Portugal in 2004 to identify it.

You're right, Pauline, in southern France, in the department with the highest concentration of plus beaux villages in France -- and this is one of them.

It's Najac, in the Aveyron, n'est-ce pas? I know this because we're planning (with much help from Ann) our first trip to the Lot for next June, and I'm immersed in villages in the vicinity!

Of course you're right, Jeri. I know you're going to have a wonderful time there -- it's one of our favorite regions in France. Over to you for the next photo!

England may have been obvious, but not the SW -- at least not to me. Another clue, please!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina