• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - February 2018

I didn't recognise the outside but I do remember the stained glass window. It is the lovely Elisabethenkirche in Basel and possibly the most important neo-Gothic church in Switzerland.

And this?
Screen shot 2018-02-16 at 19.55.07.png

The last time we were supposed to go to Avignon, the traffic and the inability to find a parking place were so bad that we went to Villneuve-les-Avignon instead and really enjoyed it.
Here's the next:
IMG_6619.JPG

Thanks, JT. Yes, I took it on Oct. 14, 2016. Sometimes you see a great shot, and I was lucky enough to have a camera ready. You can see a very faint second rainbow above the brighter one.

Thanks, Jonathan. Over to you -- and we look forward to meeting you in April n Venice.

Absolutely, Ann! Meanwhile, here's a less-than-usual view of a location that's well known to at least some of the regulars on this thread.
IMG_6004.JPG

I think you might be right Eleanor, the glass fronted place being where the (limited) seating, toilets and kitchen shop are, and the bit at the top must be where the Monmouth coffee shop is

Yes, that's right: a view from the 72nd floor of the Shard. Ian's right: Monmouth Coffee, and Neals Yard Dairy, are at the top of the photo, together with Elliot's Café (site of a mini-GTG with Lisa in Ottawa a few months ago). We were at the market this morning, with some visiting Californians - it's lovely to have this foodie destination so close to home!

Ah yes, @JustTravel , I knew you would spot it! But Eleanor got in first: over to you.

Ian posted just after me. Perhaps he would like to post the next picture as I've already done several recently.

Thanks for the offer Eleanor, but I have a limited supply of photos to offer

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina