• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - February 2018

Here's a dizzying view we enjoyed on our honeymoon in 1999.
DVDsnaps 125.jpg

Reminds me of Montepertuso above Positano, but I'm doubting it because I can't see even a hint of the coast road

Amalfi Coast, honeymoon - can it be Capri?

Doesn't everyone go to Capri when in the area? Not us. We were in Sorrento for five days in 1995 but didn't bother to go. We were travel weary after four weeks with two weeks to go; just wanted to relax, enjoying the beautiful view from our hotel in Sorrento.

Last edited:
It is indeed Capri - the view thru a famous geological formation - can you name it?

We spent three nights on Capri and loved it. Daytrippers see some of the beauty but experience none of the pace and vibe of the island. Totally different place after the last ferry leaves in the late afternoon.

JT got it - Arco Naturale on Capri.
We visited in 1999 and again in 2000. Next year will be our 20th wedding anniversary and fingers crossed we'll return once more.
Over to Just Travel...

Chateau des Milandes, once the home of Josephine Baker. We were there for the third or fourth time in May.

In more direct answer to Eleanor's question....the picture is of the mainland....the islands in the background are Mediterranean.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina