• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess5.jpg

Well here is a picture that may require one to think outside the box.
But do not worry too much - Your Euros are still good! :turtle:

Last edited:
So as you may have guessed this location is not on the continent of Europe, but it is part of a EU country.
And if you make the hike up to the cross one is rewarded with this view.

Guess05a.JPG

Fletch you are right it is an island - but not Ireland.
In fact it is almost 4000 miles from Dublin

Think baguette not soda bread :turtle:

You are correct!

Guadeloupe, being an overseas department of France, offers a unique travel option for North American Francophiles. Norwegian Airlines has been offering non-stop flights during season (Nov – Apr) starting as low as $59 one way from BWI or BOS. I know somebody who went for less than $250 roundtrip.

We have been to Guadeloupe and the island is absolutely beautiful and the food is amazing. It is not really a tourist destination here in the states, and you will find little to no English spoke on the island. In fact, when we stayed there the only English heard was from a waiter from Paris at the bar next to our place. He had just completed a six month walkabout in Western Australia where he learned his English… Australian)

So, if you are tired of the NE Cold and need some blue water and sunshine with a French flair – check it out. The Norwegian season is coming to an end.

guadeloupecvr1.jpg

Just Travel – You are up

Gorgeous photos Colo! I'm in BOS, maybe I'll pop on over to Guadeloupe one day :D

Norwegian also go to Martinique, but Guadeloupe is nicer IMHO.

Now back to the game....
I do not know the church, but I think it looks like Southern Spain - Andalucía by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina