• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this, and what is it?
P8260139.JPG

It appears that the USA flag is flying in the background

Difficult to make out, but looks like a list of names - perhaps a memorial for those lost in WW2?

In NY NY at Lion King on Broadway
Intermission but no guess.....yet

Hakuna Matata.

Ellis Is

You've got it!
A number of years ago, Ellis Island had a fundraiser where they built a huge panel inscribed with the names of immigrants. Families donated money to have their members who had come to the US through Ellis Island put on the panels. It's incredibly moving to see people searching for their family members. In the photo above, my sons were pointing to one set of great grandparents who arrived in 1908.
It is a wonderful place to visit, the museum there does a great job.

I love that photo, Amy, but I am wondering if there's supposed to be any restriction in this forum on where the photos can come from. I had thought we were supposed to use photos from Europe. Not that I really care, but it's just that it makes a difference if people are trying to figure it out, knowing that it could be from anywhere.

My great grandfather enter via Ellis Island

I will bring us back to Europe, but I guess we need rules. I like doing the world, but understand if folks want to limit to Europe.

Here is the next one
pic123.JPG

Hakuna Matata... No Worries Amy
I did get a chuckle with your response saying my location made me warmer... It is in the teens in NYC and the wind is blowing.
I was anything but warm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina