• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo! (well, apparently FWIW, IV of Hungary and I of Austria, but be that as it may...)

All right then, where can this striking building be found?
Photo hunt May.jpg

And a closer look at the lovely mosaic:

Photo hunt May 2.jpg

Is the country Albania (combining the historic figures with more Soviet-styled modern figures)

That was my thought, just going by the flag.

Patrick you are correct the flag is the give away. Just back from work travel and when check SE for updates I saw the flag and I knew Albania. I have never been to Albania, but a google of murals in Albania the location shows up.

Think this one should go to Ian he figured it out first. But we shall see what KattB says.

Yes, Ian got it right. Specifically, it's the National History Museum in Tirana, Albania. Over to you, Ian!

Ok, saving you any with my ugly mugshot in them, this one is timely (p.s. that's a clue)

IMG_0098.jpg

The clue "timely" makes me think it is Taormina in Sicily, Italy but it doesn't look like Taormina to me. It does look like a southern Mediterranean place.

Hi Pauline
It is Southern Mediterranean and is now almost exactly timely, but will then cease being timely for no doubt a good number of years, but we won't know until the plans for following years are announced (or more usually leaked).
regards
Ian

Yes just checked and definitely not timely now, would have been timely just under an hour ago.

Indeed Tim
They positively raced through there this morning at ~ 50km/h in the Giro d'Italia, and still the pace is very high.

The building is the cathedral, Trani also noted for a decent modestly sized castle and plenty of Venetian architecture from the days when it was an outpost of the Venetian empire.

All yours

regards
Ian

Don't know it, but is it a railway station by Calatrava?

It feels like cheating, but although it's fairly obviously a railway station and I guessed the architectural style as Calatrava, I had to do a Google to find an image that looked like it: Gare do Oriente in Lisbon.

Try this one:
19948370373_9d2f9d8daf_z_d.jpg

It's got to be Pau Casals, and I'm guessing somewhere in Catalunya. Or is it Prades, where he used to have his festival?

Getting there. It is indeed in Catalunya. The background to the statue might give a few clues if you've been there.

Awaiting for Jonathan to claim his prize :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina