• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

I Want To Start Planning For 2020!

Interesting quandaries. I'm trying to replicate your search with AA miles and wonder: are you sure about the connection at Gatwick, and that it doesn't include a change of London airports? And are you noting the total time of the trip, since many of the AA options include an overnight in the connecting city? On flights with a transatlantic segment on BA, the bulk of the monetary cost is what BA chooses to charge even on award tickets, rather than taxes. I see one with just a Gatwick connection to Tampa, but overnight, where the charge is $184.95 per person.
I DID forget to see how much the taxes were on the flight thru London, and no, I didn't' check to see if there was an airport change, BUT - I always list the results by "total travel time", so I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case. As I said, and I'm sure you know, the results vary from day to day. In the past, just when I'd despair of ever getting the most direct, quickest trip home, VOILA!, it would show up and I'd pounce. These days I'd rather not wait - I'm getting too old to pounce!
Can't plan anything just yet, as I'm on the waiting list for a redo of my original knee replacement, which is coming apart.
I'm hoping it'll be done by April, then we'll see...….
Doesn't stop me bookmarking Italian rental apartments though!
What areas of Italy are you dreaming about?

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina