• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

In Sicily

Some pictures taken at our Agriturismo. Kitty Kat's everywhere as 2 cats birthed 11 at same time.

IMG_20180605_194932.jpg

IMG_20180606_083853.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We've moved to a new agriturismo where WiFi even worse than previous one. These are in absolutely gorgeous countryside but very different from one another.

The first one was a huge, old, rambling farmhouse with several apartments attached. Very low key. We were lucky to get a space as I discovered I had 2 days unaccounted for. I called and we were given the apartment of the owner's sister as she had just vacated. Very old world. Filled with her things. The farm has been in the family for several generations and has old and knarled olive trees.

IMG_20180606_191731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
About 40km from Agrigento in the mountains. Incredibly dramatic scenery. Ciuci's Manor.
Now in Palermo. Very quiet on this Sunday evening. Lots of pedestrian friendly roads blocked to traffic in main tourist area.

Loving your trip report -- we're starting to plan for a trip in October. Would you mind sharing the apartment information for the place you stayed in Taormina?

thanks!

Loving your trip report -- we're starting to plan for a trip in October. Would you mind sharing the apartment information for the place you stayed in Taormina?

thanks!

info@apartments-taormina.com
So glad your enjoying. We stayed in the Panorama apartment. This is a small building with several apartments. Antonio lives on the premises. You make a deposit through paypal. He can arrange a taxi pick up at Catania airport if you are arriving there.
Lisa

Lisa, we are planning to visit Sicily in April. Do you have any accommodation to recommend? Thanks from fellow-Ottawa resident. Pepper

Hi Pepper
Where in Sicily are you planning to go? How long in each area?
Lisa

We are embracing the slow travel concept so don’t want to try to cover the whole island. Thinking one or two spots is enough for 10 days.

My husband is a scuba diver and we’re looking at Ustica - anyone have experience there?

We’ll be on Amalfi Coast first and then off to Puglia for a cycle trip.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina