• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Paris My first visit to Paris in 2011

I want to tell you a story about my first travel abroad. I visited two countries: Germany and France. And actually, I have visited one more country. It was Austria. But it happened by accident so there was nothing interesting about that. This time I would like to post a report about my trip to Paris.
I landed in Germany by plane coming from Moscow. My cousin Oxana met me at the airport of Frankfurt on Main and we headed to Marburg where my relatives live. After a couple of days of having rest in Marburg, I got on a train to Paris. TGV train was moving very quickly. I had never traveled faster, except flying on planes.

Finally, I arrived at the train station in Paris. Bonjour Paris!

When I got out from the train station my impression was that Paris was not as clean city, as cities in German are.
What do you think was the first thing I decided to see? Yes, of course! I got on the metro and went to the Eiffel Tower.

I took a ticket to the tower and started climbing. I have been almost on every part of the tower. I took a lot of pictures. Here are some of them…

The second popular thing in Paris for me was the Triumphal arch. I went there on my foot about 3 kilometers…

It was getting dark and I thought it was time to go to a hostel that was near Montmartre. Staff of the metro was very polite and they helped me to buy a ticket and to get on a correct train. I quickly came to my station and I visited the highest point of Paris. I could see almost whole Paris from there…

I met 3 young people in the hostel. 1 boy and 2 girls. They were from Argentina.

Having said goodbye to my new friends and exchanged contacts I continued my second day in Paris. Next attraction was the Louvre.

As I am not a fan of the art I didn’t go inside. I just walked around the Palace. Then I continued to walk along the river Seine.

While I was walking, a woman came to me and offered me a gold ring that she found nearby.

As I am from Russia and I was aware of such kind of tricks, I didn’t touch this ring saying that it was not mine. Then I noticed how she did it with other people.

The famous way of parking cars in Paris.

Finally, time of visiting Paris ran out and I went to train station to go back to Germany. When I arrived at the train station I felt exhausted because of long time walking and not proper eating. I found my train, took a seat and relaxed. I was almost ready to fall asleep, suddenly a man who apparently was a staff of the train said something in French and all people got off the train. It looked as I should have done the same. I got off the train and asked the staff what I should do. He said that the train was faulty and I had to get on another one. I got on another train and had a long conversation with a train conductor to learn how to change trains during the trip to achieve my destination. It was my first serious practice of English. I managed to get back to my relatives and was happy about my travel to Paris.

Thank you for reading everything. Next time I will tell you about travel to German Alps.
I wish you memorable journeys!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina