• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Need some help today - flight from Rome

Phyllis

10+ Posts
Quickly: we’ve been in Turin for our three nights and leave for Alba this morning. I will post later but I want to say we love Turin! We are staying at the Turin Palace Hotel and it’s perfect!!
Now the problem, Norwegian cancelled our Milan-LAX flight home. They never told us we only found out because we checked our flight.
We have now purchased another flight through them out of Rome a day earlier. Here is where I need help. 1. Thinking we’d train to Rome from Alba, instead of flying Milan-Rome. 2. We have a 7:00 AM flight out of Rome, where should we stay in Rome the night before. Assuming we will train from Alba to Rome, best to stay close to train station or taxi to Rome airport for a hotel. Trying to not let this get me down and enjoy our last few days in Italy.

There is an airport hotel at FCO that people I know stay in. That would be easiest for an early flight. If you want to go out for dinner the night before you could take a taxi to Ostia, the nearby town on the sea.

You can take a train right to FCO.

Horrible to have this happen, but at least you found out about ahead of time.

For the train to FCO, there's either the Leonardo Express from Termini, or at a lower fare there's the FL1 train with more stops from Ostiense or Trastevere. If you're looking to go directly from Alba to the airport area, on Trenitalia you can search a whole itinerary from Alba to Fiumicino Aeroporto.

So happy to see this conversation. My husband and I were just having this conversation the other day. Plus, we can use points with Hilton. As many times as we have flown in and out of Rome, we have never noticed any hotels. Guess, we were too stressed, just using FCO. Thanks to everyone for the terrific info.

The Hilton on site also runs shuttles into Rome on the even hours and return shuttles from town on the odd hours. They drop off at the Bocca della Verita, so can get into town for a quick sight-seeing excursion or a dinner from the hotel. Depending on your Hilton Honors status, rooms on the 5th floor also give you access to the lounge for happy hour snacks and drinks plus preferred seating for breakfast. If dropping a rental car at the airport, just get into the public walkways and there are Hilton signs pointing the way to the hotel.

Questions:
1. We arrive at Termini, it seems we can catch another train to the airport from the train Rome station or maybe we should Uber/ cab?
2. We purchased train tickets: business area silence train, we now realize we should have chosen an earlier Alba departure time. Can we “exchange” our time, how best to do this??
We’re supposed to leave Alba at 4:00 (16:00) today but now want to leave at 12: 07 so we arrive in Rome earlier. Not sure if we can exchange for different time?

It looks like I'm seeing this too late to be useful to you, but the train ticket on a reservable train would depend on the type of ticket. Basically, Super Economy is non-changeable: if you want a new time, you need to buy a new ticket, and get no credit for the unused ticket. Economy: up to the time of departure, you can credit it to an upfare to the Base (full fare) ticket. Base: up to the time of original departure, you can change it as much as you want.

If you're actually in Termini, it's something of a toss-up whether to take the Leonardo Express (€28 for two tickets) or a taxi for €48. If you're actually going to the Hilton, even though it's on the airport grounds, I'm not sure if the driver would agree that the fixed fare to the airport applies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina