• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2018 No. 36 - Cool View

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 36 (Week of September 9, 2018) – Cool View (A view that is special in some way for you)

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

Thanks everyone. What a beautiful collection of waterfalls from around the world.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 37 – Pending (Joe will post this week's theme)

This isn’t a technically great photo, but this is a cool view that holds a very special place in my heart. I took it when I reached Monte do Gozo (Hill of Joy) at the end of my Camino de Santiago pilgrimage. Here there are two giant pilgrim statues pointing in the direction of the Cathedral. This was where I first saw the Cathedral after such a long journey.

Thank you again Joe and to everyone for sharing your wonderful photos.

Bachalpsee Lake
June 2007

fullsizeoutput_6548.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6546.jpeg

For me it has to be Northumberland. I had grown up on the edge of London and then spent six years in Durham in the1960s, falling in love with the north east. My first view of Hadrian’s Wall was a revelation. I remember sitting on the wall near Housesteads Roman Fort with my father and saying ‘this is the reason I couldn’t live in the south east again...’ These pictures were taken around that time, hence to poorer quality.
Screen shot 2018-09-09 at 20.51.42.png

Screen shot 2018-09-09 at 20.52.29.png

This first photo is nothing unusual, but I've always liked it, and it reminds me of a very lovely corner here in Israel, near the Carmel mountains.
One of the first things we do when we get to Italy (after my wife has a caffe macchiato...;)), is buy a jar of artichoke hearts in olive oil. Italy is the largest grower of artichokes in the world, but I suppose that even without this statistic, they are just simply tastier, like almost everything else that is cultivated there. For some reason, though, I still have to run into an artichoke field in Italy - this is a perennial crop, so maybe I just haven't been in the right region.

The second is of what I like to call our local "moonscape", very close to home, and a favorite hiking spot of mine.

9272162991_0786bafcd3_o.jpg

27012074509_c44f4a0199_k.jpg

This cool view was taken from an outdoor hallway in a resort we were staying, which is slightly north of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The concrete walls with a window opening cut into the structure framed the picture.

coolview.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina