• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Post the LAST photo you took in France

Pauline

Forums Admin
We were lucky to do a trip to France/Switzerland/Italy/Germany by car last September. We spent two nights in France as we drove across to Switzerland. This photo is from our last night in France, staying in Langre, a small walled town near Dijon. We walked on the walls around the town in the early evening.

france-langres-2709.jpg

When was your last trip to France? Post your last photo.

Kathy

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
I flew to Provence on March 4, 2020 for what was to be a three week trip. I planned to spend two weeks at our apartment in Bonnieux and then travel to Tours for a day on my own in the Loire Valley, a four-night FAM trip in the Loire Valley, and the big French tourism meeting in Nantes. When I left on March 4, the meeting was still on! I flew home early on March 17, the first day of the strict lockdown in France. I never expected that when I locked the door of our Bonnieux home in the early morning hours of March 17 that I wouldn't be back for more than a year.

I went with friends to see the program at the Carrieres des Lumieres on March 12 (Dali and Gaudi) and had a wonderful outdoor meal in Maussane. This is the last time I've been at a restaurant!

This is the last photo I took on the afternoon of March 16, looking back down Rue Victor Hugo at our house at the end of the street. I was waiting outside the pharmacy (only three people allowed inside at a time), standing several feet away from others waiting, hoping to be able to buy a face mask and sanitizer. So much changed in the two weeks I was there.

(We will make a last-minute trip to Bonnieux when it's possible. We both have our vaccines complete, and it will be two weeks since my second shot next Saturday.)

IMG_2252 (2).JPG

daydreamer

On Thursday, May16, 2019, I visited the Cluny Museum in Paris. Much of the museum was closed as renovations were occurring. The Lady and the Unicorn tapestries though were on display and this picture was my final photograph of the trip. The next day, we flew home to Canada. When I was wandering in the museum, I recall thinking that I would enjoy seeing the complete collection, hopefully in the spring of 2021, on a return trip to Paris.

1617319776539.png

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Travel Guides

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
How to Be an American in Italy by Jessica Scott Romano