• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Post the LAST photo you took in France

Pauline

Forums Admin
We were lucky to do a trip to France/Switzerland/Italy/Germany by car last September. We spent two nights in France as we drove across to Switzerland. This photo is from our last night in France, staying in Langre, a small walled town near Dijon. We walked on the walls around the town in the early evening.

france-langres-2709.jpg

When was your last trip to France? Post your last photo.

I flew to Provence on March 4, 2020 for what was to be a three week trip. I planned to spend two weeks at our apartment in Bonnieux and then travel to Tours for a day on my own in the Loire Valley, a four-night FAM trip in the Loire Valley, and the big French tourism meeting in Nantes. When I left on March 4, the meeting was still on! I flew home early on March 17, the first day of the strict lockdown in France. I never expected that when I locked the door of our Bonnieux home in the early morning hours of March 17 that I wouldn't be back for more than a year.

I went with friends to see the program at the Carrieres des Lumieres on March 12 (Dali and Gaudi) and had a wonderful outdoor meal in Maussane. This is the last time I've been at a restaurant!

This is the last photo I took on the afternoon of March 16, looking back down Rue Victor Hugo at our house at the end of the street. I was waiting outside the pharmacy (only three people allowed inside at a time), standing several feet away from others waiting, hoping to be able to buy a face mask and sanitizer. So much changed in the two weeks I was there.

(We will make a last-minute trip to Bonnieux when it's possible. We both have our vaccines complete, and it will be two weeks since my second shot next Saturday.)

IMG_2252 (2).JPG

On Thursday, May16, 2019, I visited the Cluny Museum in Paris. Much of the museum was closed as renovations were occurring. The Lady and the Unicorn tapestries though were on display and this picture was my final photograph of the trip. The next day, we flew home to Canada. When I was wandering in the museum, I recall thinking that I would enjoy seeing the complete collection, hopefully in the spring of 2021, on a return trip to Paris.

1617319776539.png

This was taken on June 11, 2019, from our hotel room window at the St. James in Paris on the evening before our morning flight home.

20190611_224953.jpg

We were in France for 3 weeks and the highlight was the last week in Normandy where we enjoyed the 75th anniversary of D-Day.

Last trip to France was October - November 2019: River cruise in Provence, thereafter Dijon, Bayeux, and final week in Paris. This picture was taken November 13, 2019 on a walk in Paris. BTW, weather in Paris was very bad so may not go there in November again!
1619275917726.png

That’s a Wallace Fountain! I’ve not seen them in Paris because I’d not heard of them when we did our trips there, but I’ve seen one in Uzes (southern France) and in Jerusalem! Although Uzes is not on the Wikipedia list of locations.

Thanks for sharing the information. I had no idea. This fountain was located near south side Seine at corner of Pont Neuf (Rue Dauphine) and Quai de Conte. The Wikipedia site lists the location in 6th arrondissement at Pont Neuf, Quai des Grands Augustins.

Last edited:
May 2019. After an amazing one-week stay in beautiful Bordeaux, which also took us to Saint-Émilion and a few other small towns around, we were going to San Sebastian, Spain. The train doesn't cross the border, so you have to stop in Handaye (France) and from there, connect on a Spanish train to San Sebastian. Weird. But the connecting train station is literally across the street from the Spanish terminal station. I mean QUITE literally! So it's easy.

A great day trip from San Sebastian is a gorgeous little town called Hondarribia. We absolutely loved it! Then we realised that hey, Hendaye is across the river from Hondarribia, which makes it easy to get back to San Sebastian by the train that took us there in the first place! So after visiting Hondarribia (oh, memorable tapas lunch!), we crossed the river by ferry and went back to France (Hendaye)! It's not all that, but the main church is really beautiful. So technically, the last two pictures I took in France were in Hendaye, even though we were on the Spanish leg of a France-Spain trip!!

DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina