• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Post Your Most Memorable Pics of Italy

Venice for me. My happy place and probably one of the most photogenic cities in the world. This was in 2018. We had scheduled another stay last June, but had to cancel, of course. Hey, we'll go back! If not this year, next year, but hopefully THIS YEAR!!!

DSCN0194.jpg

On previous visits to Lake Como while on the ferry from Como to Bellagio, I would admire from afar the impressive Villa del Balbianello. In July 2017, I visited its beautiful gardens which are located about a 30 minute uphill walk from Lenno and which afford stunning views of Lake Como.

IMG_0159.jpeg

Instead of titling this thread “Post Your Most Memorable Pics of Italy” I should have titled it “Post Your Most Memorable Stories of Italy/Europe and Include Pics”. As I mentioned in the initial post, a story with the pics is the best.

Some of you have posted some stories, but I know there are more stories out there. I have one or two and I’m going to write them up and post them soon. I have a sneaky feeling Valerie and Bryan have some good ones, but undoubtedly Joe, Cheryl, Alpinista, Sharon, SMJ, Fletch, Eleanor, Just Travel, Kathrynj, Valerie, Colo, Ann, Fedina, daydreamer, Christain, GailS and others have some very entertaining ones. And our fearless leader, Pauline, I’m sure you must have been in Italy and you are MIA in this thread!

I thought a picture was worth a thousand words!!! But yes, stories are fun. I will have to find some time soon to do some story telling. Keep up the motivation as I get off on tangents and tend to end up elsewhere, NoSpin.....Ciao

NoSpin: Perhaps you could start a new thread for people's funny/interesting/horror stories of their times in Italy?
Just short stories, maybe?

NoSpin: Perhaps you could start a new thread for people's funny/interesting/horror stories of their times in Italy?
Just short stories, maybe?
I have quite a few horror stories from some of the tours I led.....Americans can be pretty "ugly" when we want to be! But I do have many more fun, interesting stories.....I'd love to hear from others!!! I need to finish a current project next week before I start anything else. You are welcome to start the thread, my friend!

Argh, I have so many photos to choose from... but I'll choose the five that are most memorable to me, personally:

Saronno-Windows in Santuario BV dei Miracoli.JPG

A stained glass window in a small church in the town of Saronno, the first place I stayed/lived with my future husband in Italy.

Rome-Trevi Fountain.JPG

All my life I had dreamed of seeing the Trevi Fountain, and in 2016 I finally did it!! :D

Sicily- Castle at Milazzo.JPG

Sicily-Tongue of the World.JPG
Sicily-Sea.JPG

These last three are all from Sicily (Milazzo, Milazzo, and Messina, respectively). My husband is from Messina, Sicily, and he took me there on my first trip to Italy. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the most beautiful place I had ever seen! The colors were so beautiful! All of Italy is great, but nothing compares to Sicily, in my opinion.

Instead of titling this thread “Post Your Most Memorable Pics of Italy” I should have titled it “Post Your Most Memorable Stories of Italy/Europe and Include Pics”. As I mentioned in the initial post, a story with the pics is the best.

Some of you have posted some stories, but I know there are more stories out there. I have one or two and I’m going to write them up and post them soon. I have a sneaky feeling Valerie and Bryan have some good ones, but undoubtedly Joe, Cheryl, Alpinista, Sharon, SMJ, Fletch, Eleanor, Just Travel, Kathrynj, Valerie, Colo, Ann, Fedina, daydreamer, Christain, GailS and others have some very entertaining ones. And our fearless leader, Pauline, I’m sure you must have been in Italy and you are MIA in this thread!

I've started a story thread for Italy. :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina