• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Short Term Auto Lease

Paul Chebator

10+ Posts
Have been away from traveling and the Forum for a while due to a combo of Covid and family health issues. We are hoping to spend a few months in Italy this summer and, from what I can gather, there are no short term auto leases available (checked Auto Europe and a few others). Anyone out there have any info on this? Thanks.

Hello Paul -
How short is "short term"? Hertz seem to offer something :
No personal experience myself....

In another thread about renting cars, @italian excursion (Cheryl) recommended a local company. It might be worth while talking to them. I’ll look for the thread.

@artnbarb rent a car each year for a few months. Tagging them to see if they have advice.

Check out these threads.

This thread has Cheryl’s local rental company info.

In January I did a 4 week lease for September, picking up in Basel and dropping off in Nice. A top of the line Peugeot 508 for $2018. I usually lease from Renault, but they didn't offer their Talisman this year. Here's a link - https://www.autofrance.net/

I would lease sooner than later because I understand that there is very limited availability.

I spoke with Auto Europe this afternoon. Seems that they have almost nothing left until mid June at the earliest. That and the fact that we feel a bit rushed has led up to change up our plan and leave in early September. Will be easier all around. BTW, has anyone ever used AutoTT which seems to be affiliated with Renault short term leasing. How does it compare to AE.Happy travels!

I've leased about 8 times from Renault (AutoTT). So obviously I have been a very satisfied customer. I didn't this time because they didn't offer the Talisman (I hear they are discontinuing it) and I would have settled for a Megane, but they didn't offer that model either.

This will be my first Peugeot, but so far all my contact with them has been very efficient and professional.

I've never rented so I have no experience with AE.

I've leased about 8 times from Renault (AutoTT). So obviously I have been a very satisfied customer. I didn't this time because they didn't offer the Talisman (I hear they are discontinuing it) and I would have settled for a Megane, but they didn't offer that model either.

This will be my first Peugeot, but so far all my contact with them has been very efficient and professional.

I've never rented so I have no experience with AE.
Who are you getting your Peugot from? Our concern about short term leasing is that you have no choice in vehicles once you arrive. That is an issue as certain seat configurations do not work for my wife due to back issues.

It's not like a rental, you get the exact model car you order. It is brand new with all the options specified. It literally is a lease, just as if you were leasing a car in the US. The car is actually registered in your name. You are getting the car you want, you just can't chose the color.

What I love about it is full insurance included, you have no liability for any damage to the car, unlimited mileage, any licensed person can drive it as long as you are present, roadside assistance, all included in the price.

We have a lease for late April through AutoEurope......

1648060068598.png

I just booked this week through Auto Europe for Sept. 4 - Oct. 16 (FCO). Went with a Renault Kangoo (primarily because my wife has back issues and needs a straighter, less sporty, seat). Price was pretty fair...around $2200.

In another thread about renting cars, @italian excursion (Cheryl) recommended a local company. It might be worth while talking to them. I’ll look for the thread.

@artnbarb rent a car each year for a few months. Tagging them to see if they have advice.

Check out these threads.

This thread has Cheryl’s local rental company info.
Last year, because prices were insane, we rented locally, and plan to do so for 2022.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina