• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series The Crown on Netflix

Pauline

Forums Admin
I’ve avoided watching the Netflix series The Crown about the current British Queen because I am not a fan of the monarchy and I thought it would be Downton Abbey-ish (I did not like that series). But we finally watched the first episode and we both like it a lot. We are on season 2 now. Season 3 is will be on later this year with new actors for many of the parts, as the characters get older.

I think the series is well written and well acted. I like the details of their lives - like the way they are dressed and undressed by servants - and the historic details.

Has anyone else been watching this?

Here is an article:

I watched it and have been waiting for the next season. I found it fascinating for all those details of their lives.

I enjoyed watching the earlier seasons of "The Crown", although not at all a fan of the parasitic British Monarchy. (And I couldn't watch more than a few episodes of Downton Abbey either...).
I loved John Lithgow as Churchill!
So I guess I will watch the next season; as long as they don't dwell on any royal weddings! ;-(

I don't have Netflix so haven't been following, but I did see the very first episode at my brother's, and spotted a minor inaccuracy, which rather put me off (and I don't suppose it would tell me anything that hasn't already been hashed out endlessly over the years).

Fans might be interested in this article

The Crown season 4 is now on Netflix with Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher. I will be watching this very soon. It has received good reviews.

I thought this selfie with some of the cast is funny.

Olivia Colman Photobomb Gillian Anderson The Crown

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina